Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
acleex
Rookie
Rookie
acleex

Male Posts : 50

How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Empty
PostSubject: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:41 am

I'm not much of a Nats fan since I grew up with the O's, but this team has absolutely horrible pitching which time after time has consistently blown games they could have won (and many times they should have won). At their current rate, they will win about 43 games this year, and have 119 losses.... I don't think Acta is a bad manager, there's only so much he can do, but at the same time, nothing is working, at all...

Rumor has it that he's out by tomorrow, and I'm not surprised if he is out tomorrow, but he's out after this year for sure.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 am

acleex wrote:
I'm not much of a Nats fan since I grew up with the O's, but this team has absolutely horrible pitching which time after time has consistently blown games they could have won (and many times they should have won). At their current rate, they will win about 43 games this year, and have 119 losses.... I don't think Acta is a bad manager, there's only so much he can do, but at the same time, nothing is working, at all...

Rumor has it that he's out by tomorrow, and I'm not surprised if he is out tomorrow, but he's out after this year for sure.

It would definitely be best if he leaves D.C. The front office should look for a GM [OBVIOUSLY!], but one who has experience in making good trades. THey just need to get a leader [a pitching leader, not Zimmerman] and let him sprout to what he will become. It would be best to get a younger pitcher, but either way works. Of course, they wouldn't win a World Series or anything, but it would get them a lot more wins, for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
Brother J
Admin
Admin
Brother J

Male Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 am

We need more baseball users lol.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 am

Brother J wrote:
We need more baseball users lol.

Put that in suggestions, or announcements.
Back to top Go down
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

Male Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:24 am

I think he'll be fired before the trade deadline

Most managers that manage a 16-44 team with the Worst Record in Baseball get fired during that same season

I dont think hes a terrible manager as you said I think its the Nationals are just not a very good team
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/atast1589
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 am

kingofnj wrote:
I think he'll be fired before the trade deadline

Most managers that manage a 16-44 team with the Worst Record in Baseball get fired during that same season

I dont think hes a terrible manager as you said I think its the Nationals are just not a very good team

Nats arent a very good team but its the GM for not making them a good team?
Back to top Go down
acleex
Rookie
Rookie
acleex

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 am

That is part of the Nats problems last few years. They couldn't even sign their first round pick last year. This year, they get Strasburg, and it will be a colossal shame if they can't sign him. Then the only guy laughing will likely be Tony Gwynn who gets to coach SDSU to another NCAA appearance. I'm impressed with how Gwynn has been able to improve their team too since he came back there to coach after his HOF career.

Obviously in baseball, we'd have to wait at least a year to two before we see a draft pick get called up to play.
Back to top Go down
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Strasburg will be a stud. The Nationals have some money to spend on a big name free agent too. Adam Dunn too me isnt too great of a pickup because he's just a Home Run hitter with a terrible batting average and on base percentage. Hes also a terrible fielder and cant produce unless he jacks the ball out of the park

I think the Nats should've waited on somebody better and developed their prospects more.

I dont think they shouldve traded Emilio Bonafacio last offseason either. He looks promising with the Marlins right now and can get on base while being a huge base stealing threat.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:53 am

kingofnj wrote:
Strasburg will be a stud. The Nationals have some money to spend on a big name free agent too. Adam Dunn too me isnt too great of a pickup because he's just a Home Run hitter with a terrible batting average and on base percentage. Hes also a terrible fielder and cant produce unless he jacks the ball out of the park

I think the Nats should've waited on somebody better and developed their prospects more.

I dont think they shouldve traded Emilio Bonafacio last offseason either. He looks promising with the Marlins right now and can get on base while being a huge base stealing threat.

Big bust. He was the #1 guy on the board, yet he barely produced as much as he was supposed too. Everyone thought he would have a MVP season, well, how'd that turn out?

P.S. I'm talking about Adam Dunn
Back to top Go down
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 am

SK22 wrote:
kingofnj wrote:

Big bust. He was the #1 guy on the board, yet he barely produced as much as he was supposed too. Everyone thought he would have a MVP season, well, how'd that turn out?

thats different. Adam Dunn is a power hitter and they dont always work out. Josh Hamilton didnt until last year with the Rangers.

Straugburg is a pitcher with great staff and good speed on his fastball. Should be decent
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 pm

kingofnj wrote:
SK22 wrote:
kingofnj wrote:

thats different. Adam Dunn is a power hitter and they dont always work out. Josh Hamilton didnt until last year with the Rangers.

Straugburg is a pitcher with great staff and good speed on his fastball. Should be decent

Adam Dunn was suposed to bring them a winning season in 2009...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?   How much longer until Manny Acta is fired? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much longer until Manny Acta is fired?
Page 1 of 1