Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

Male Posts : 168

Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Empty
PostSubject: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am

My Chicago Bulls have the 16th and 27th pick in the draft.

I want to get Terrance Williams who is a 6 foot 5 SG out of Louisville to replace Ben Gordon. He's a good scorer, has great athleticism, is a good passer,and good rebounder and likely will be around in the draft at #16. I think this guy will be a phenomenal player to have on any roster.

If not him I would like to get his teammate 6 foot 9 foward Earl Clark who is a very skilled foward who can make perimeter shots. He can be inconsistent but the talent is there.

If we get T.Will at #16 I would like to get Hansbrough at #27. There isnt alot of PF/C depth in the draft so it wouldnt be so bad to get a hard working player like Hansbrough even though he wont be great in the NBA but his work ethic will keep him in the league and keep him at a decent level.

If we get Earl Clark at 16 I would like to draft a good scorer like Jodie Meeks at #27. I think Meeks would replace Ben Gordon who is a one dimensional player. Meeks looked NBA ready when he scored 46 points and 54 points in games this year.

How about for your team?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/atast1589
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 am

Well, the Orlando Magic lost their 1st round pick. But that helped anyways, by getting Alston. So... nothing much.

But that is just the draft Wink
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:04 am

SK22 wrote:
Well, the Orlando Magic lost their 1st round pick. But that helped anyways, by getting Alston. So... nothing much.

lol yes, this is a weak draft.

But how about last years draft. Chicago Bulls were supposed to be 8th but thanks to the lottery we get the #1 pick in the Draft and steal Derrick Rose and our franchise turns around
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:26 am

kingofnj wrote:
SK22 wrote:

lol yes, this is a weak draft.

But how about last years draft. Chicago Bulls were supposed to be 8th but thanks to the lottery we get the #1 pick in the Draft and steal Derrick Rose and our franchise turns around

I read that in a newspaper and was like ' Shocked '

That was crazy. If the Heat got it, they would be a Top 3 team immediatly.
Back to top Go down
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:25 am

While it's a weak draft, there are A TON of names I like and the Mavs have a pick this season and need to make it count.

I LOVE , absolutely love Ty Lawson and some think he can slip to us - i highly doubt it. If he gets by the 76ers, I'll be shocked.

I like Johnson out of Wake and Williams out of Louisville to come in and play right away. I also like Jeff Teague from Wake Forest, but I expect him long gone before we pick.

Big man from Gonzaga is enticing as well.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:11 am

HarrisKiddBosh wrote:
While it's a weak draft, there are A TON of names I like and the Mavs have a pick this season and need to make it count.

I LOVE , absolutely love Ty Lawson and some think he can slip to us - i highly doubt it. If he gets by the 76ers, I'll be shocked.

I like Johnson out of Wake and Williams out of Louisville to come in and play right away. I also like Jeff Teague from Wake Forest, but I expect him long gone before we pick.

Big man from Gonzaga is enticing as well.
Ty Lawson would bring some youth into the Dallas Guard system. Kidd, Terry, or anyone else get weared out and stop playing at their high performances they are now, Ty Lawson would be grown up and step up to the occasion. James Johnson? Right now, the least you could be thinking of is filling in a spot behind Josh Howard. Howard is one of your franchise players on the team right now, and I don't think you guys would need it. Same with T-Will, you don't need him behind Josh Howard. Jeff Teague? That guy should be Top 10, it is an extremely slim chance that he will go down in the draft all the way to the Mavs.
Back to top Go down
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 am

Quote :
Jeff Teague? That guy should be Top 10, it is an extremely slim chance that he will go down in the draft all the way to the Mavs.

Hence, saying long gone. Just saying, some drafts have him slipping, but the logical thing is to assume he will be taken already.

Howard is a knucklhead and can't be counted on. I would welcome him back, but my ultimate goal is to turn

HARRIS (INTO) KIDD (INTO) BOSH
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 am

What does Harris into Kidd into Bosh mean?
Back to top Go down
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 am

trade Harris for Kidd , use some $$ get CB
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:38 am

Oooh. Now I see.

Getting back to the topic, hopefully the Thunder do NOT get Ricky Rubio at #3 in the Draft. Either Hasheem Thabeet, James Harden, or Jrue Holiday will be the best choice.
Back to top Go down
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:44 am

I love Rubio. He's going to be really, really good.

If he will play for the Thunder, I would take him. (because he doesn't want to play for the sad Grizzliess)

Holliday would be another good pick, or of course Thabeet. Harden also, but the Thunder look as if they want Westbrook to be a SG>
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am

Westbrook canNOT be a Shooting Guard. This guy would get toppled on. He is about an average height for a POINT GUARD. This is why I want Jrue Holiday. It would also bring them more defense to the team.
Back to top Go down
Darko
Rookie
Rookie
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:01 am

I like to see Thabeet on defense
Back to top Go down
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:48 am

damn I like Taj Gibson. Hes been doing well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?   Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which player/players are you hoping for your team to draft?
Page 1 of 1