Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?

Go down 
4 posters

Yes
Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Vote_lcap75%Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Vote_lcap25%Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

Male Posts : 168

Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Empty
PostSubject: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:33 am

in hockey Canada is really popular and it is their countries sport. They have a good amount but could have more.

A hot weather state like Florida doesnt really need an NHL team and they dont care too mcuh about hockey.

I think the Florida Panthers should move to a Canadien city like Winnipeg.

The Nashville Predators are another team that can be moved to Canada

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/atast1589
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:34 pm

You could say the same about the Thunder. Not too many poeple in OKC like basketball. But there is places like Pittsburgh, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle (lmao), etc.
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
Ryan - The Aussie Fan
Ryan - The Aussie Fan

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I definitely think so. I saw this debated on PTI not long ago, and I agreed with the argument. There are so many almost pointless US based hockey teams. The Phoenix Coyotes are practically bankrupt and the Florida Panthers struggle to maintain a strong fan base. Canada is the birthplace of hockey, and they definitely deserve atleast two more teams. Keep the original historic US teams, but the newer franchises really should be Canadian.

-A Fellow Melo Supporter
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Ryan - The Aussie Fan wrote:
I definitely think so. I saw this debated on PTI not long ago, and I agreed with the argument. There are so many almost pointless US based hockey teams. The Phoenix Coyotes are practically bankrupt and the Florida Panthers struggle to maintain a strong fan base. Canada is the birthplace of hockey, and they definitely deserve atleast two more teams. Keep the original historic US teams, but the newer franchises really should be Canadian.

-A Fellow Melo Supporter

But what's the point of calling it the NHL, it could be the USACHL... okay, maybe NACHL.

National American Canadien Hockey League
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:23 am

It is our league, America's league. But money talks and this sport blows way way too many operrtunities at valuable profitable situations. Don't do it again.

I understand it's a USA league, but there are already Candaian teams and I would push for more because Hockey, obviously, is HUGE in Canada and it won't hurt to impove realtions with another country, as crazy as that sounds through Hockey.

THis league skrews up too many times, make a good choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the NHL have more teams in Canada?   Should the NHL have more teams in Canada? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1