Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?

Go down 
+3
acleex
kingofnj
Philly KDub
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Philly KDub
Rookie
Rookie
Philly KDub

Male Posts : 23

Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Empty
PostSubject: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Last night, my boy and I were having a discussion about Kobe winning his 4th title. He asked me if I would put him above Shaq in terms of career accomplishments. I said hell no, Shaq is still above Kobe. Look at Shaq's resume - 4 NBA titles and 3 times Finals MVP. Kobe has the same amount of titles but only 1 Finals MVP. I told him that Shaq was much more dominant than Kobe in his prime. I think he put more fear in the opponents than Kobe did. I just can't put Kobe above Shaq right now until Kobe wins one or two more titles and get another Finals MVP.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

Male Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:27 am

Shaq was the main option and his stats in the Finals series in which he played with Kobe were much greater than Kobe's

I wouldn't put Kobe above Shaq

I wouldn't even put him above Duncan

Tim Duncan 4 Titles,2 MVPs,3 Finals MVPs
Kobe Bryant 4 Titles,1 MVP,1 Finals MVP
Shaquille O'Neal 4 titles,1 MVP,3 Finals MVPs

I think both Duncan and Shaq are ahead of Kobe
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/atast1589
acleex
Rookie
Rookie
acleex

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:26 am

Nope. Duncan and Shaq are ahead of Kobe in terms of career accomplishments, but also the league in general has been biased in giving big men MVP awards unless a SG or SF is a 25/5/5 guy like Kobe and LeBron, so it's hard to judge.
Back to top Go down
Brother J
Admin
Admin
Brother J

Male Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 am

No Kobe isn't a leader, yes he's a great player but he can't win a championship without whining, crying etc.
Back to top Go down
TK12
Rookie
Rookie
TK12

Male Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:44 pm

If he wins two more Finals MVP award in the next years, then yeah. But I wouldn't say that he ain't better just because he's only won 1 Finals MVP, this doesn't have anything to do with getting MVP awards, it's about skill and helping your team improve.

LMFAO at what Brother J said. Wasn't it LeBron who was whining and crying because he lost at the Eastern Conference Finals?
Back to top Go down
Brother J
Admin
Admin
Brother J

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 pm

TK12 wrote:
If he wins two more Finals MVP award in the next years, then yeah. But I wouldn't say that he ain't better just because he's only won 1 Finals MVP, this doesn't have anything to do with getting MVP awards, it's about skill and helping your team improve.

LMFAO at what Brother J said. Wasn't it LeBron who was whining and crying because he lost at the Eastern Conference Finals?

LeBron wasn't whining and demand to trade like Kobe did in 2007, and LeBron never crying about his teammate, Kobe always crying when he has suck teammates.
Back to top Go down
Brother J
Admin
Admin
Brother J

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 pm

But Tim, I have to admit it Kobe is a great player, I just dislike him.
Back to top Go down
Ali_88
Rookie
Rookie
Ali_88

Male Posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 pm

I put shaq above kobe!
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:39 pm

YES. Everyone comparing MVP, FInals, and Finals MVP. Who cares? Did they play in the same Era? Well, somewhat. Shaq got all of his rings with either Wade or Bryant. Bryant got his with Gasol. And not to mention Kobe was in his prime while his team settled with Fisher, Odom, and KWAME BROWN. And Duncan? Duncan barely had to compete with the Lakers [I just said why]. He got to play LeBron at age 22 which he had no other All-Star player [Gibson was second best]. He played a Pistons team which was the only competition. Also, didn't he have a GREAT in David Robinson when he won his first? And had Parker, Ginobli, Finley, Bowen, etc. the other times? YES. Kobe didn't play with ANY great, Fisher is no great, Gasol is no great, Ariza is no great, Odom is no great.

Kobe>Tim>Shaq
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?   Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you put Kobe above Shaq right now?
Page 1 of 1