Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would Shaq Help The Cavs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peaches
Rookie
Rookie
Peaches

Female Posts : 14

Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Empty
PostSubject: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 am

I mean the Suns though Shaq would make them better but they didn't even make the playoffs, what makes the Cavs think Shaq can help them?

Just wondering, I for one dont like the idea of Shaq going to the Cavs
Back to top Go down
Brother J
Admin
Admin
Brother J

Male Posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 am

I think yes Shaq wants to win his 5th ring before retire, and it would be an epic in the finals if Lakers vs Cavs, why?

If Lakers wins, Kobe will beat both LeBron and Shaq.
If Cavs wins, people will say LeBron can't win without Shaq.
Back to top Go down
acleex
Rookie
Rookie
acleex

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 am

If Shaq can play like he did last season, then I think he could since Cleveland is more or less a half court team. But Shaq will only be good for one season, if that, and I don't think the Cavs should go all in for one season, because that's not gonna be enough to convince LeBron to remain in Cleveland assuming he really is considering playing in NYC.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Peaches wrote:
I mean the Suns though Shaq would make them better but they didn't even make the playoffs, what makes the Cavs think Shaq can help them?

Just wondering, I for one dont like the idea of Shaq going to the Cavs

They think this because can they really rely on Not so Tough Big Z and Floppy Varajeo? No. They need someone tough, strong, and experienced down low. Look what Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, and Tim Duncan each did to them.
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 am

I think it's a good fit.

Big Z(ydrunas) is close to done and Cleveland would just be salary dumping. Shaq's contract comes off the book anyways after the season, but that's besides the point.

It's a big risk because he is older, slower, and can't play as many minutes, and is a pick and roll nightmare, but he's a force.
Back to top Go down
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Yeah, he is a bit old and slow, and definitely cant handle the more powerful Big Men today, like Garnett, Howard, Yao, Duncan, etc., but he can grab tons of rebounds if there is no Howard, Yao, Garnett, Duncan, etc. He's not the defensive player he used to be, but he can still be a major producer on both the offense and the defense
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
HarrisKiddBosh
Rookie
Rookie
HarrisKiddBosh

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 am

Agreed SKbaby.

He isn't what he used to be and won't hold an elite big man to 8 and 5 for the night, but it's a drastic improvement ovr Big Z.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Shaq Help The Cavs?   Would Shaq Help The Cavs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Shaq Help The Cavs?
Page 1 of 1