Sports Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Nation

If this is your first visit, check FAQ by clicking the link above. Have you register before? you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kingofnj
Starter
Starter
kingofnj

Male Posts : 168

Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am

They traded Bruce Bowen and Kurt Thomas to get him.

they also got Amir Johnson a big man from the Pistons for Frabracio Oberto.

I think the Spurs added a solid offense now to go with their outstanding defense. I like the Spurs chances at making a championship run this season.

They still have great depth and now Tony Parker,Manu Ginobli,Richard Jefferson,and Tim Duncan as their core.

If they stay healthy that will be a solid 4 who can be very dangerous and put alot of points on the board.

I think the Spurs showed they're trying to win it all again.

The Spurs right now are my early pick to represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals.

Two questions

1.Where do the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson
2.What are the Spurs chances of making it to the NBA Finals now?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/atast1589
SK22
Admin
Admin
SK22

Male Posts : 571

Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am

1. They used to be around.... mid-tier of nba teams, they advanced to the higher-tier now, with Los Angeles, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando, and Denver.
2. Higher of course, but I still think Denver and L.A. are better
Back to top Go down
https://nbanation.forumotion.com
Cavs Browns Indians
Rookie
Rookie
Cavs Browns Indians

Male Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:47 pm

1st, Amir Johnson is on the Bucks. Oberto got traded to the Bucks and then the Bucks traded him for Amir for financial stability, they're also going to release Bowen so they can resign Sessions and Charlie V or at least one of them. Espn said Amir is on the spurs but NBA.com said he's on the Bucks and I know it can't always be trusted but so idd wikipedia. So I"m leaning towards what nba.com says over Espn.

Now, for the questions...

1. Spurs get the number two seed in the West. They're experience helps them get passed all of the other teams in the West except the Lakers.

2. Not likely. I still can't see them winning a seven game series against the Lakers, Nuggets, or even the Rockets.
Back to top Go down
TK12
Rookie
Rookie
TK12

Male Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:54 pm

1.It's too early to say. But it's too bad that they had to trade Bowen though.

2. They have little chance against teams like the Lakers and Nuggets. But who knows, they might be better this upcoming season than the last.
Back to top Go down
Baller
Rookie
Rookie

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:08 am

1. #2 in the West
2. With Jefferson, they have more of a chance to beat the Lakers, but I don't think they can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?   Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you think the Spurs stand after getting Richard Jefferson from the Bucks?
Page 1 of 1